There are several benefits for employers:
1. Candidate fit: Provides insight into a candidate's personality, cognitive abilities, and work-related skills, which can help employers determine whether the candidate would be a good fit for the position and company culture.
2. Assessing potential: These tests can also help identify candidates with potential, even if they lack the specific qualifications or experience for a particular position.
3. Reducing bias: Testing can help reduce bias in the recruitment process by providing a more objective way to evaluate candidates.
4. Improve team collaboration: Employers can better understand how a particular candidate would work in a team, deal with stress, or any other important aspect of the role.
5. Identify training needs: A well designed process can identify areas where a candidate may require additional training or development in order to be successful in the position.
6. Minimise turnover: Using such tests ensures that a potential candidate is suitable for the job and in doing so the employer can minimise their staff turnover rate.
Testing as part of a recruitment process can provide valuable insights into a candidate's suitability for a position and can help employers make more informed hiring decisions. These tests are used to supplement and enhance traditional methods such as interviews and reference checks.